Americans across the country are dealing with back issues, which are becoming more common every single day. It may be due to unhealthy habits, long work hours, and other conditions, but the main point is that you need to find a solution. However, some people are afraid of taking medication or getting surgery, and that’s where chiropractic services come in.
These specialists can help you cope with back pain, even if it’s a chronic problem. Unfortunately, most people with back pain take a painkiller and forget about their issues because they have other pressing things to focus on. However, what’s considered a small issue today can lead to future back problems. Chiropractic services are a great way to deal with this situation without any major intervention, as they focus on nonsurgical pain management.
They may recommend other treatments if their services don’t solve your back pain when doing various tasks, such as lifting your leg to put on socks. You may need to find physical therapy for back pain near you. Still, the idea is to get checked early. It may be a passing, minor ailment, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Let’s find out more ways a chiropractor can help you cope with back pain.
One half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year. In fact, back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. It is also the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office.
Experts estimate that as much as 80 percent of the population will experience a back problem at some point in their lives, which leads to an increased need for quality chiropractic care. More than a million chiropractic adjustments are given all over the world every day and there are more than 75,000 chiropractors in the United States alone.
One demographic that quality chiropractic care can help greatly is pregnant women. Approximately 50 percent of pregnant women will experience back pain at some point before they deliver, causing aches and pains in the lower back and hips.
While many people visit a chiropractor for chronic pain, many athletes visit a chiropractor for sports injuries as well. Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) are utilized by all 32 NFL teams in optimizing the functionality, endurance and overall conditioning of football players in the treatment of neuromusuloskeletal strain injuries including low back pain, strains to hamstrings and quadriceps and whiplash injuries.
Being an athlete and being active is a great way to boost your health and overall well-being. But for as much as athletes work to get themselves in peak physical condition, injuries do happen. Depending on the injury, the results can be devastating. There’s where chiropractic medicine comes in. A chiropractor for sports injuries offers a great deal of hope and help to athletes recovering from injuries.
There are an estimated 3.5 million sports injuries each year and a chiropractor can benefit athletes better than turning to medications for pain relief. If you’re an athlete and wondering, why should I visit a chiropractor near me, a chiropractor can help treat many sports injuries and symptoms including:
- Back pain
- Muscle Strains
- Shin splints
- Sprained ankles
- Runner’s knee
- Neck Pain
For those on the fence, seeking chiropractic care for sports injuries is a safe solution. It’s a non-invasive treatment for people who want more of a holistic approach. Plus, athletes can return to a chiropractor for multiple treatments, rather than putting off treatment for one reason or another.
When it comes to back pain, there are a great number of spinal disorders that are the root cause. Those disorders include:
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis is caused when the spinal canal narrows and can be caused by bulging discs, spinal fractures and bone spurs among other things.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest one in the human body. It begins in an individual’s buttock and travels up the length of thigh and leg. It’s size alone makes it vulnerable to many spinal issues and bone spurs, herniated discs and bulging discs are all things that can cause sciatica. Since the sciatic nerve is so long, pain in any spot where it’s located can cause great discomfort.
- Whiplash: Whiplash can often have devastating effects on the spine. Whiplash causes the sudden extension and flexing of the neck, which strains the neck muscles and can also cause spinal fractures.
Need another reason to search chiropractor near me online? Not only can a chiropractor help with spinal disorders, he/she can also make adjustments that help with everyday aliments such as headaches, blood pressure and arthritis.
- There is a high success rate of chiropractic care helping to relieve lower back and neck pain. That’s good news for those who may be dealing with whiplash and the inflammation that results from it.
- Chiropractic care can also help prevent back surgery. As a natural form of heath care, it is recommended by the American Medical Association as the first option to dealing with back pain rather than opting for surgery right away.
Finding the right chiropractor to help you is important. You want to know that you will be taken care of and that a chiropractor’s techniques will help you ease or fix your back pain.
To get started, an online search of chiropractor near me will help you find the nearest offices in your area. Searching for chiropractor near me will help you to find reviews of local chiropractors, so you can find the perfect one to help you.