It is hard to find someone in the United States who has not struggled with their weight at some point in their lives. Obesity in America has reached epidemic levels. Nearly two-thirds of all Americans can be classified today as being severely overweight or obese. This is causing a dramatic increase in the number of people who suffer from type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and a host of other medical problems. Medical experts have found that even a modest weight loss can make a big difference in your health. Many people are seeking out help from their local physicians weight loss clinic.
Weight loss may elude many people but it is not magic nor is the formula a secret. To lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you use. While that sounds simple, in reality, it is anything but. It is much easier to take in 1,000 calories than to burn them. To burn off a pound of fat, you need to burn of 3,500 calories. This takes a lot of effort. If it was easy no one would need to go to the physicians weight loss clinic.
Experts at a physicians weight loss clinic recommend the following to maintain a healthy weight:
- Skip the sweet drinks. Most people will down a sweet, coffee drink and not realize they are getting more fat than is in a Big Mac. Moreover, it is very easy to drink down a ton of empty calories in soda. Even fruit juices are full of sugar and not a lot of fiber. Cut out the sweet tea, sodas, energy drinks and flavored milk.
- Slow down your meals. It takes your brain a few minutes to recognize that you are full. It takes mere seconds to down a plate of fries, hamburgers, fried chicken nuggets and pizza. These foods all have a ton of fat and calories and contribute a lot to weight gain.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. People may think this is counterintuitive but people who skip breakfast weigh more than people who do not. Start your day, every day, with a healthy breakfast.
- Limit your television watching. Watch less than two hours of TV a day. Use your free time to get out and move. Tale a walk!
- Cut down on your snacking with sugar free gum. Americans love to snack. We get about 20% of our calories this way. At least 60% of us eat snack foods on a regular basis.
- Do not go to the grocery store when you are hungry. Everything you see will look great when you are hungry, You will save your wallet and waistline by not going near the store when you are hungry.
- Bring lunch to work. You can more easily control what you eat when you pack your lunch. Make a healthy and tasty lunch to save you money and avoid pitfalls when you eat out.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Americans like to eat but we do not eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables. It is true that produce costs more but you can also buy frozen and buy in season to get
- great deals on produce.
Make your meals more colorful. Often, color and flavor go hand in hand. The more flavorful your meals are, the less you will eat. If you have kids, they will appreciate a more colorful plate. Bright, colorful vegetables also have more nutrients.
- Get more active. You do not have to run a marathon to become more active. Take the stairs and not the elevator. Park farther away from the store. There are simple things you can do every day to get more activity in. You can schedule a daily walk with your family. This is a great way for you all to get some more exercise and catch up with each other at the same time.
People are always looking for a rapid weight loss center or for a physicians weight loss program. While you may be able to get help from a physicians weight loss clinic or stomach shots but unless they are combined with a healthy lifestyle, the weight will come back. It does not take magic or tricks but you can lose weight with these tips.