Many people who struggle with addiction, such as an Adderall addiction, alcohol addiction, cocaine addiction, and methadone addictions desperately want to be clean of their dependency, and get onto a healthy path in life, but are unable to because of the serious physical withdrawal associated with detoxing from these substances. All of the great intentions in the world do not help when the withdrawal symptoms while detoxing makes your body literally give up on you. Unfortunately, some of the most common detox methods include restraining a patient to a bed, or giving them harmful medication that cause other side effects. Many of these treatments are incredibly painful and make overcoming addiction almost impossible.
Being able to bypass this enormous hurdle in the drug recovery process gives drug addicts a far greater chance of successfully overcoming their addiction. Many people have never heard of the service provided by ibogaine clinics, and may have many questions before getting involved with one. We’ve listed the most common questions regarding ibogaine clinics below:
- What does ibogaine treatment actually involve?
Most ibogaine clinics go through the following process to help a drug addict overcome their addiction:
- First, the patient undergoes a physical exam, to make sure they have no underlying medical issues that will conflict with their treatment.
- The patient will abstain from the subject of their addiction for at least 12 hours prior to initiating ibogaine treatment, to ensure that there withdrawal symptoms have begun at the time of treatment.
- Patients will likely be given an anti-nausea medication prior to taking ibogaine, to prevent the side effect of nausea during treatment.
- After the anti-nausea pill has set in, the ibogaine is administered in a capsule form.
- While the patient is undergoing the effects of ibogaine, he or she is given a cool and relaxing environment improve their comfort level during treatment.
- Following the ibogaine treatment, the patient is given the tools to begin a healthier lifestyle: they are encouraged to exercise, drink a lot of water, and begin a healthy diet. Getting into a healthy lifestyle will improve the impact of the ibogaine and their drug recovery.
- How long does ibogaine treatment usually take?
The length of time that ibogaine treatment is administered depends on what the patient is addicted to, and how severe their addiction is. Some ibogaine clinics administer their treatment for seven days to fully clear the body of its withdrawal tendencies. For serious narcotic addictions, it may be be recommended to undergo treatment for as long as two weeks.
- Where is ibogaine treatment available?
Ibogaine is currently considered an FDA Schedule I investigative medication, which means it is in the research phase as a potential drug treatment in the United States. Until it gets through the extensive testing process, ibogaine treatments are not available in the United States. Many patients who decide to use ibogaine to overcome their addiction opt to use an ibogaine clinic in another country, commonly South America. In fact, many ibogaine clinics that are based overseas are facilitated it by American companies.
- What type of addictions are most effectively treated with an ibogaine treatment?
The addictions that have the strongest physical withdrawal symptoms are generally considered the most responsive to ibogaine: this includes heroin, opiates, alcohol and cocaine addiction. However, even tobacco and nicotine addictions can be completely removed through the treatment of ibogaine. Additionally, there has been medical evidence that ibogaine treatments are also effective for people who have mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, and post traumatic disorder. To find out the success rate of ibogaine for your particular addiction or condition, contact an ibogaine clinic facilitator and get information from them directly.
Do you have any other questions about using ibogaine treatments to overcome drug withdrawal symptoms? We would love to help you, please share your questions below.